Follow this Breathing Exercise to calm the body and mind, using the 4-7-8 Breathing Technique—your secret weapon against anxiety and anger.
Life can be a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Many of us are struggling with feelings of stress, frustration and anxiety. In those moments it can be hard to calm the mind and body, simply willing yourself to chill doesn’t really work right?
For me using breathing alone was not always a solution. I like to use the hand tracing method combined with breathing as a way to bring myself back to a place of calm.
Using the 4-7-8 Breathing Technique—your secret weapon against anxiety and anger.
1. Slowly trace your finger/thumb upwards as you take a deep breath in through your nose for a count of 4. Feel that loving energy around you filling up your body.
2. Hold for 7: Hold that breath for a count of 7. Visualise all the stress and tension leaving your body with each passing second.
3. Slowly trace your finger/thumb downwards as you slowly exhale through your mouth for a count of 8. Imagine you’re blowing away any worries, frustrations, or negative vibes.
4. Repeat tracing each finger as you follow the breathing count above.
5. Shake out any remaining tension in your body.
Remember, practice makes perfect. So, whether you’re dealing with a hectic day at work or with the kids, or facing an overwhelm of emotions, this technique can support you through it!
Share with a friend who could use a dose of calmness and share the love.
Need some support to find your place of calm? Book a healing session today!